Tuesday 22 October 2013

Tattoos and Piercing in a Work Place


Companies seem to be more open minded now days with employees having tattoos. Lawyers, doctors and many other professionals have visible tattoos and those tattoos do not have the same stigma they once did. Canadian law does not cover tattoos and piercings, how do you feel about that?  

Rachel Hennessey. "Doctor with Tattoos" Forbes.com. http://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelhennessey/2013/02/27/having-a-tattoo-and-a-job/. 22 October 2013. 

While in high school I was working at a clothing store, my boss did not want any tattoos showing. During that summer, I covered the small tattoo I had above my ankle with band-aids. I did not feel that my rights were violated because of that. The store wanted to keep a certain image and my tattoo did not go along with that image.  If your boss asked you to cover your tattoo or remove a piercing, what would you say? Yes? Or maybe argue with them?

Tell me about your body art or a piercing which might have got you in trouble with your boss. I would love to read your comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment